Wednesday, April 17, 2019

SoL 10

SoL 10: Upstairs

   On A days, I have to go upstairs to the 7th and 8th grade hallways to reach the band room. So at the end of block 3, (or block 2 because or IAR testing) I hurry to my locker, leave all my stuff, grab my book, and head upstairs. I try to go early to not get trampled by 7th/8th graders. Each time I fail, somehow there is always a lot of students in the hallways. I have to zigzag through students trying to get to the band room on time. By the time I get there, three or four other students are there, the rest are trying to get through the huge stampede. Today, I decided to go up a different staircase, making it easier for me to get to the band room. Or at least I thought it was easier. Because of IAR testing, our schedule switched to, Excel, IAR testing, Block 1, Lunch, Block 3, Block 2, and Block 4 (when I go to band on A days). On Block 2, 7th graders go to the 6th grade hallway for either math or ELA, unfortunately I didn’t know that. As I step onto the staircase, I am bombarded by 7th graders on every side. I try to get up as quick as possible, after at least 3 minutes in the stairs, I enter the band room regretting my decision of going to a different staircase.


No comments:

Post a Comment